Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Exercise: My Fickle Friend



Have you felt like you just can't seem to get over that hill called exercise? I am the wishy-washy participant in the exercise department. I will spend months running 2-4 miles a day, 4 days a week just to end up sick and letting it all go.... go.... go....

I think that the hardest part is trying to pick up where I left off months ago. My respiratory system wants to quit, my body feels like lead, and my heart cannot seem to keep up. The older I get the more conscious I feel about my health. What does one do in this situation? Well fortunately for me, I went for a 2 mile walk this afternoon in the RAIN. I now can give some advice since I am so educated in staying motivated after a severe case of the Inactive. *insert sarcasm*

Motivation is an exercise people. In order to physically exercise your muscles, you need to determine in your mind that you are going to tell it who's boss. Your mind is never going to like it initially. Your feelings are going to tell you to eat ice cream instead. Just like lifting your foot and bringing your leg forward, you need to tell your mind that you have to get in shape. Those darned excuses like to talk you out of challenging your mind. So join me in the adventure of getting our WHOLE bodies up and moving.

Oh, and to conquer the excuse about staying in because it is OH SO COLD, I found a pin on Pinterest that gives about 20 exercises to do indoors. I did them a few times before I went on my trip to NC and MAN did I hurt afterwards. Now I just have to take my own advice and tell my mind that the boss (me) wants to do them EVERY-DAY.

Maybe I should have my readers hold me accountable? What are some ways that you keep yourself working those muscles during the winter months?

No comments: