Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Blessings Vol. 2


Last week could have been one of those weeks where you just can't really think of blessings. I spent hours in the hospital waiting with family members for my grandmother to return to her natural self. She had had brain surgery to remove a growth, the size of a golf ball, that was crowding out the pituitary gland. We would ask questions, predict the best, and wonder what was coming next. Is there room to count your blessings in a situation like this? You bet.

1. Spending time with family. A past time I forgot as a young 20 something year old.
2. Enjoying fresh warm air after being cocooned in the ICU.
3. Watching as we got scolded, as a family, for being too loud in the ICU. Priceless.
4. Catching glimpses of what I remember most about my grandmother, from my childhood.
5. Having time to contemplate and improve my "being in the moment" attitude.
6. Being reminded that my health is important and should be maintained. Yes health is valuable.
7. Hugs. There is mercy in a hug. Despite my reservations, I still receive them.

And to show that I am happy about all the blessings, here is a picture for proof.


Oh, and thank you to everyone who participated last week! I was blessed to see all the good things that are happening in your lives. Keep it up! :)

**photos taken in Greenville, NC**

No comments: