Monday, March 3, 2014

Boundaries On The Infinite

We place ourselves in these barriers. And as I have mentioned before we place God in this pitiful area of prediction and boundaries. The fears we possess are really full of air. Like whisps in the wind they are faulty and flimsy. Why we don't realize this I don't know. Dramatic and seemingly powerful they paralyze us into accomplishing little. If we get too far into our sin (a.k.a. pride) we will be as the chief priests, thinking we can fool Christ. 

"Then the chief priests, the scribes, and the elders of the people assembled at the palace of the high priest, who was called Caiaphas, and plotted to take Jesus by trickery and kill Him" -Matthew 26:3-4

Right before this Jesus predicted His death even. Why would they need to plot His capture? God had just spoken about revival, preparation, and commitment. A straight talk about the kingdom and this is what we do? The pain He must have felt BEFORE the cross. The desperation to reach even these evil souls! What can I do to even reach the innocent? 

I am moved, changed, and scared to death. Not that I am going to stop moving or clam up in fear. I am that kind of scared that thrills the soul. Like making a drop on a roller coaster when your stomach ends up in your throat and you scream just for the enjoyment of flight!  I sense the possibilities for making a difference. Since Christ has died for me and has taken the time to leave me with instructions  and a Counselor, I have a calling. I am starting small. Here even. 

Oh the struggle to overcome ourselves. That is really the only thing that gets in the way. Our powerful minds can go any direction. Which way is yours going to go? We won't get through the spiritual battle without a fight, but we can be reassured. Before Christ was even taken a woman (looked down upon by society) annointed Him for burial. This was His encouragement. This was a great gift of thanks and adoration. Simple and humble. While other pious souls mocked. What possibilities God has for us, is beyond us. 

Let Him lead. Let Him undo you and make you much more. Put those boundaries aside. 

No comments: