Friday, August 17, 2012

Strength of the Water

In happiness, I fell in love with music. The touch was another sensory receptor on my skin, not just in my ears. The power it provided to write was intense, making each word flow and each visual thought pour with immensity. Looking back, I realize that I thought it was the only driving source of inspiration and energy. For the past few years I have not been able to write well, even with the hum of notes soothing or the beat of hard drums and electric guitar. I know now that one's heart must feel happiness to fully write with such passion and feeling. With love we can be the strongest people we ever were; and with that we flow, mingle, and engage in networks of knowledge. It is the fear disposed of, the energy to endure despite opinions, and the desire to reach new dimensions.

I still do not have all that happiness wrapped in a perfect little package of joy, but I am discovering the power of love and how much it REALLY IS forgiving. It lets go of the pain and yelling you remember.  In that place you realize that happiness is more than just feeling light and care free. It is a decision to look directly into your "enemy's" eye and say that you are blessed despite "their" efforts. I believe that the more that we fall into the care of God, the more we will be strong. Each time that I realize I am on the sad part of life the more I realize that I really should get out of my self pity and drink the water of eternal life. If the Samaritan woman could get it, why can't we?

So, now I listen to music while I write with a different twist. It is still like sugar to my ears, but there is more behind my desire to write. I want to remind, uplift, engage, and bring attention to you. Just you. Maybe what I do won't be what you were looking for, but in the end it will lead you to a direction you were planning to go.

Music. Such a fickle little friend.

No comments: